John Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 19:34:37 -0400
> > Assuming most or all of these filenames do not currently exist (that you
> > must rename), the site manager or someone with local access will have to
> > create 'stub' files with the same filenames you wish to PUT.
>
> Thanks for the reply, John. Is it possible to rename the existing files?

Yes you can re-name the existing logs, but I assume those contain
different messages than you want to add? By re-naming them and then
PUTting or copying over them, you would lose those archived messages
unless you have already copied to another location. You would then have
the same problem adding those back.

> If not, can the stub files be copied over without the creation of a new
> catalog?

Yes.  Once they are there, just update/PUT your header, you can then PUT
notebooks with the same filenames you used for the stubs.