Charles Oriez <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 8 Jan 2005 06:06:12 -0700
At 05:18 AM 1/8/2005, Rich Greenberg wrote:
>On: Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 09:15:01PM -0500,Aircastle Standard Poodles Wrote:
>
>} I have Poodle-L set to "Language= nohtml", yet there are list members who
>} are sending in HTML, and the listserv isn't stripping it back to plain text.
>} Is there something else I may have set wrong that cancels this command?
>
>David, the nohtml will only remove the html if there is also a plain
>text component with the same information.  If there is ONLY the html,
>your stuck with it.

You can set new subscribers to moderated. explain to them how to send plain
text messages, refuse to approve posts that contain html and set
subscribers to unmoderated when they learn how to do it right.

Other option is to strip html tags with procmail on the lists server.
Apologies if that was already posted here. I just saw the code to do that
but I think it was on another list.

I did find this http://brana.users.sbb.co.yu/plugins for Eudora.  If you
google usenet I would think there are equivalent plug-ins for other email
clients.  I still have to test this

--
Charles Oriez     [log in to unmask]  39 34' 34.4"N / 105 00' 06.3"W    AIM
ID caoriez