"s.merchant" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 18 Jul 1995 13:17:00 EDT
I got the following message that sounded legit--in fact, it appears that
they would be providing a good archival service since they promise to
make it available at no charge for all Internet users.  Does anyone know
of or think of any reason NOT to add them to my lists as they request?

To avoid a lot of "me too"s, you may reply by personal e-mail, and I'll
summarize back to the list.

Shahrukh Merchant

----------------- begin edited forwarded message ----------------
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 1995 16:48:57 -0700
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi,

Architext is an exciting new media navigation company. We're
developing a service designed to give users powerful ways to search
and browse the content available over the internet.

We're calling our service Bullseye!, and we'd like to include your
mailing list(s) in the content that we index and archive. Other
content will include web pages, newsgroups and thousands of editorial
reviews.  Basic searching and browsing will be free for all users; we
also plan to offer profiling services for a nominal fee.

Would it be acceptable for Architext to subscribe to your list(s) as a
regular user and to keep archives of the list(s) content? This content
will always be freely searchable by any user of the internet.

In exchange for your permission to index your list(s), we'd like to
offer you profiling services free of charge for one year. That way you
will be notified about new web pages and news articles that match your
profile. So you can stay abreast of new developments and make sure you
have the most current information available as it comes out. Don't be
the last on your block to get profiling from Bullseye!

Architext was recently voted one of the top 25 cool technology
companies by Fortune magazine (July 10 issue) and was featured on the
cover of this March's Red Herring magazine. For more information on
Architext, check out http://www.atext.com.

Bullseye!  will be opening soon (around August 15) and we hope that we
can include your list(s) in this exciting service.

If you agree to allow us to archive your list(s), please add us as the
user [log in to unmask] (non-digest form, please). And drop us a line
telling us which list(s) you've subscribed us to.

Thanks for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Jeff Young,
Bullseye Project Engineer