Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 17:30:30 -0400
At 09:25 10/21/98 -0400, Francoise Becker said:
|On 21 Oct 98 at 10:01, [log in to unmask] wrote:
|> 2)  Some of our lists are for one way bulk mailing only, therefore we do
|> not want people to reply to the email.  When a person gets the email
|> there is a reply to field present.  Can this be switched off in
|> situations like this?
|
|If your mail client does not send a Reply-to, none will be added
|(unless you specifically ask LISTSERV to add one), so you need to fix
|Netscape so that it doesn't add Reply-to (I don't know Netscape mail
|well enough to know if this is possible -- if not, use a client that
|allows it)
|
|You can put "[log in to unmask]" if you want replies to go to a
|specific address..

Set the list SEND= your_userid@node

All others posters will "bounce" with a LISTSERV(R) nastygram.  I'm
pretty sure that you can override that behaviour on a list-by-list basis
by creating/updating your 'listname MAILTPL' file.

BTW, my editorial comment ;-) is that if you are going to run a list w/
6000 customer userids on it, maybe your company can afford to get you a
REAL email client?  Or maybe you can improve on the one that you have for
no-charge or little-charge?

Or maybe you need multiple email accounts, with multiple mail client
configs (so that you send/receive mail under multiple (valid) userids)?

/Pete