Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 8 Jul 2005 21:13:21 -0400
On 7 Jul 2005 at 1:32, Satnam Brar <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I am trying to determine what is the best format to send list announcements
> in, should they be sent in HTML or plain text?

The best format is the one preferred by your subscribers. You can do
that by having separate lists (or topics on a single list) for Text
and HTML subscribers (and send 2 different versions of the
announcements), or by collecting preference information (for example,
using a LISTSERV Maestro dataset) and sending emails with conditional
multipart. Maestro makes it relatively easy to do -- you define the
HTML and text parts and the conditions under which to send text only
or HTML/text multipart. The luddites (like me, most of the time) can
get their plain text, and those who like eye-candy can get their
HTML.

--
Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>

Knowledge is just a click away: http://www.lsoft.com/optin.html