Katherine Villyard <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 30 Aug 1995 08:26:11 CST
Hi, Peter!

>Subj:  Send= Editor,(LIST@NODE)
>
>Is that the right syntax?  I set a list that way for my wife but she is
>now getting all messages forwarded to her.  I thought messages from the
>list would just pass through while messages from "outside" would be
>moderated.  Or is the syntax wrong?

I use:

Send= Editor,Hold

This sends a message to the editor asking them to send an "OK ######"
(numbers) message to the editor with a copy of the post.  The only response
necessary is to send listserv "OK ######" if she wants the post to go
through or to ignore it if she doesn't.  Of course, the only thing I've
been not letting through lately is unsubscription requests (tacky, tacky,
tacky!).

I tried using the syntax you used above and got the same effect.

Katherine Villyard
Texas Woman's University