Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 15 Jan 1996 15:34:35 EST
On Sun, 14 Jan 1996 18:23:08 -0600 Winship said:
>I don't think I was being particularly hardhearted in what I said, Nathan.

Hmm, I think I said "hard-headed" and was making an oblique, self-deprecating
remark aimed at myself.  :)  I don't disagree with what you're saying, but
at the same time that you say we have to accommodate the lowest common
denominator, in many cases that involves keeping the size of the mail
item small enough to get through the gateways.  I've not had people
complain that they get 8 digests/day from WIN95-L, but I was having
people complain that they weren't getting the whole thing.  Now it
seems that all involved are happy.  So as we all usually agree, yes,
it does seem to depend on the list and whatever special problems
each list encounters.

Nathan