Murphy Sewall <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 19 May 1992 13:20:00 EST
On Tue, 19 May 1992 17:21:02 CET you said:
>>But in the bounced mail I forwarded to lstown-l, there did not
>>seem to be any missing angle brackets.  Each left angle bracket
>>is "balanced" by a right angle bracket. ...
>
>If I remember well, I had the same problems when I tried to send a
>mail to over twenty addresses.

As I recall, some mailers have trouble "tokenizing" addresses that span
two lines (a good reason why you don't want to put your vita in your
from line :)  The mail in question had a list "name" that took an entire
line all by itself.  I suspect the poor receiving mailer failed to pick
up the continuation line at all and didn't find anything that looked
like an address.  In this case "unbalanced" brackets meant "no brackets."