Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 11:35:01 -0500
On 15 Dec 98, at 17:15, Jo Hermans wrote:

> I'm very sure that nobody has edited the archives (or it must have been the
> node admin). The strange part is that the 2 digests which are missing are
> *not* consecutive : we're missing the one from the 9th and the one from the
> 14th. This is our header :

Then that seems to indicate a problem with the mail server. Are you
sure there was mail on the 9th and 14th? Did the digest numbering skip
a number on the 10th and 15th (assuming LISTSERV 1.8d)? Was there
perhaps more activity or longer posts than usual on the 9th and 14th,
making a much larger digest which maybe the mail server doesn't want
to handle? If so, you may want to add a Digest= keyword in your list
header to limit the size of the digests for future mailing.

To get any farther, you really need to get the LISTSERV admin involved,
to find out what the LISTSERV logs say about the missing digests.

Francoise