Kevin Parris <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 09:37:39 -0500
One option is to pass the request to a higher level in your department's organizational structure - pass the buck, let someone else make the tricky decision.

Another is suggest to the requestor that they make their request directly to the list, asking all subscribers to state whether or not they wish to be included in the "sanctioned organization" activities.

Or the requestor could have a new list created for their purposes, and send a notice to your existing list advising your subscribers of their option to join it if they are interested.

>>> [log in to unmask] 01/18/01 10:34PM >>>
I am the owner/moderator of a department list and have been asked by a member to provide the names and e-mails of all members.  The info. would be for a department sanctioned organization yet I still feel uncomfortable.  All feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg