Fri, 27 Jun 1997 19:12:47 +1000
Hello Eric,

> >Would you  know any documentation that  I could read to  help me improve
> >the performance of the LISTSERFV list running with sendmail?
>
> I don't  know of any  sendmail tuning guide  for large volumes,  but make
> sure you  use the official sendmail  distribution and not what  came with
> the machine. Then tuning depends  very much on the hardware configuration
> and how  it reacts to the  load. I'm afraid  it isn't easy and  cannot be
> described in 2-3 lines, the last time I had to do this it took me 2 weeks
> to get the system operating the way I wanted :-(

Yes, I have been told that sendmail is not the easiest "beast" to tackle
;)

We are currently running LISTSERV on a SGI Challenge S system that is
doing many other things...

I have noticed that NT with Listserv and LSMTP is quite fast and seems to
handle large lists pretty well... We have a Pentium Pro 200Mhz 128MB RAM
with windows NT workstation that I think I could use to run our LISTSERV.

Is NT workstation 4.0 suitable or would NT server be required?

What is the recommended service pack, if any?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

David