Bill Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 3 Jan 1995 16:36:32 CST
On Fri, 30 Dec 1994 15:48:00 EST, Shahrukh Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
said:
>2. My organization's gateway will insist on rewriting "From:" lines [...]
>        What I need is a mechanism that retains the original header
>   information (in particular the "From:" line), by yet is immune to
>   the kind of header-meddling that my gateway does.

You could mail LISTSERV a distribute job with one recipient (the list)
which contains the text of the mail including whatever headers you
want...

>                       then the editor could mail it back, and a simple
>   demarcation line before the start of the "real" message would allow
>   listserv to strip off all the editor's headers (after authenticating
>   it) and distribute the original sender's message with headers intact.

Sounds like what I just suggested... :-)  'Course, you've gotta build the
distribute job manually (or automate it yourself)...  LISTSERV won't do it
for you (as far as I know).

Bill