Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 20 May 1992 23:16:08 EDT
On Tue, 19 May 1992 19:16:11 PST Patricia Parker said:
>I am running LISTSERV 1.7c. I've encountered a problem when PUTting
>a header back. I can only do it once per startup of LISTSERV.
>
>I got a list header. I changed it and sent it back successfully with
>LSVPUT. Then I changed my mind, changed the header again, and tried
>to PUT it with LSVPUT. LISTSERV sent me a note explaining that the
>header did not contain the proper statements (starting with an * in
>col. 1). I shut LISTSERV down, started it again, and successfully
>performed an LSVPUT with the same header, no changes since the last
>attempt (the one that failed).
>
>It doesn't have to be the same header. Only the first PUT succeeds.
>We only have 3 lists here. But I've experimented with a few variations
>of the above and the consistent fact is that only the first PUT works.

I am  not sure what your  question is. You  already gave the answer.  Fix the
errors in the header  so that Listserv doesn't barf on them.  This is what is
probably hanging up your Listserv. I would  venture a guess that all three of
the lists on  your server have the same  sort of error in the  header. To get
around this, just get a header from any other list, anywhere, and use it as a
model for your lists' headers.  This should do you fine.

    Stan Horwitz              |*|  STAN @ VM.TEMPLE.EDU
    IBM Electronic Mail       |*|  My opinions are my own and do not
    Applications Consultant   |*|  necessarily reflect those of my
    Temple University         |*|  employers or anyone else.