Russ Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 3 Apr 2004 14:17:17 -0400
This may be good advice --

> You should probably check with your organization's legal counsel. I
> am not an attorney, but it seems to me that from a practical
> standpoint, the old saying "if you do not want what you write to be
> shared with the entire world without your permission, then do not send
> it as email" probably applies.

But there's a substantial difference between an email to an individual
and a public posting to an archived discussion list.  I might try to
do something about someone quoting a private email, but I wouldn't
even think about it if the quoted text were out there on a public
list.

-- Russ

Russell Hunt
Department of English