"M. LEBLANC" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 26 May 1998 11:51:12 EDT
Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On Mon, 25 May 1998 17:42:40 -0400, Robert Phipps
><[log in to unmask]>>wrote:
>
>>I'm running a small list on Listserv Lite.  My daily threshold is 50.  If
>>we reach that threshold and the list is held & I don't issue a "free"
>>command, does the list hold indefinitely?  Or only until midnight?
>
>It is held indefinitely, until manually freed.  Midnight has nothing to do
>with it.

midnight definitely has something to do with it if your list
is set up with default digests to be issued at midnight.

i've put my list on hold and had the default (midnight) digest
issued anyway. when i then sent a free command, (after
the midnight digest had been delivered) listserv
said the list had been freed and x messages were released.

perhaps our colleague has had a similar experience?

doesn't the manual state that the hold command is relatively
undocumented? perhaps this is a small anomaly worth documenting
in the lstown-l archives.

fwiw.

maureen

"*goodness* had nothing to do with it." mae west