Jim Gerland - User Support Services <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 20 Feb 1992 10:39:32 EST
On Wed, 19 Feb 1992 06:50:54 CST Natalie Maynor said:
>it:  (1) Am I correct in assuming from what somebody said on this
>list not long ago that the RENEWAL line will affect all subscribers,
>including those already subscribed at the time I added that line
>(unlike adding the REPRO line, which affects only new subscribers)?

Yes.

>(2) How will the renewal be handled by the usenet gateway or by local
>redistribution addresses?

You can either try and identify them now or wait for the notice from
LISTSERV when it sends them the 'confirm' notice.  Either way, you can
then issue the command:

for userid@node confirm listname

or

for userid@node set listname norenew

>(3) Is the date of renewal a year from the
>time of subscribing?  What about for those people already subscribed --
>is it a year from today?

I think it's a year from time of subscription but I not sure of this one.

Jim...