Wed, 31 May 2000 10:52:11 -0600
One of my co-listowners was infected by this damn thing yesturday.. we
sent an email like the following to our subscribers:

This one particularily bad because it's scripted.. and you don't have to
open an attatchment to become infected.. or even use MicroSoft email
programs or IE ..the person who got infected was using Eudora with an
updated version of Nortons installed :(

GET THE PATCH and install it.. it only takes a few min.

"the cure for the virus requires a patch from microsoft (of course)
available at the following url:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms99-032.asp

the writeup on the virus entitled WScript.KakWorm is at the following url:

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/wscript.kakworm.html
"

  ...Cleo  [log in to unmask]