Lydia Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:19:49 EDT
>however, TO put the fine edge on it, the inherent
>difficulties that most listowners have experienced
>with the aol interface and the idiosyncratic way it
>bounces messages, handles lists responses etc. would
>suggest to me it is NOT the platform to manage a list
>from.

Dear Bill

I fear you are right.  In fact, I am beginning to think it is not even the
place to read a list!  Now my acknowledgment notices are also vanishing into
cyberspace, although both accounts are set to ACK.

If I can't get my computer support folks to let me through the college
firewalls so I can access my account from off campus I shall just take your advice
and get a Yahoo account.

Thank you--and everyone else who sent advice.

Lydia