David Scheu <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 7 Oct 2013 17:04:57 -0400
My CONTENT_FILTER template contains the standard blank-subject-line filter, as:

Subject::
Action: REJECT rejection text here.

which sure looks right to me, but for some reason messages with blank subject lines are still getting through to our list. The template contains two other rules that are working, so I believe the template is in the right place and being properly applied, except for this particular rule. What could be wrong?

Two points that may be relevant are 1) the messages that are getting through are typically spam, sent from the compromised accounts of subscribers, and 2) typically lack subject fields entirely. In other words, the message headers do not contain a "Subject:" entry at all. I think this should be equivalent to a blank subject field, but I'm not certain of that.

Thanks,
Dave Scheu