Stan Ryckman <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 26 Nov 1997 22:10:55 -0500
At 06:29 PM 11/26/97 -0500, Don Wiss wrote:
>Judith Hopkins <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

[snip]

>> Then send to listserv the command:  quiet set list-l subj for *@*
>
>I'm very opposed to changing subscriber's options without telling them.
>It's one thing to make it the default, then explain in the welcome message
>how to get rid of it. But many e-mail packages these days have filters, and
>subject tags have no value when someone is filtering list mail into
>respective mailboxes, as they (1) reduce the amount of the subject that
>remains in the window, and (2) are full headers instead of short headers,
>so more header lines are visible and the e-mails are larger.

I agree.  Further, there are even more compelling reasons not to do this.
On my small list, I have people who *need* to be DUALhdr in order to
even see who sent list messages, and also one who *needs* to be SHORThdr
to avoid problems with too many mail hops whenever a message travels via
the Listserv backbone.

Cheers,
Stan