"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 28 Jan 1995 10:35:00 EST
What problem at PSUVM?

I suggest using LISTSERV DISTRIBUTE MAIL DEBUG=YES against
the subscriber list, figure out the routing to the problem sites,
using various tools to see if/where the problem(s) resides.
The DISTRIBUTE should be sent to the LISTSERV at the AUTOCAT
site which is UBVM.

If you (or your fellow listowners) need assistance, please
provide me with the site names having difficulties.

--  co-owner INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
[log in to unmask] "Helping U fulfill your e-mail needs"  +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg. -- Penn State Univ -- University Park, PA 16802-1202 USA

PS: I am aware of a problem where users at one university weren't
receiving their (LISTSERV or personal) postings from PSUVM (and
presumably elsewhere) even though they were able to SEND mail
from that (VAX/VMS PMDF) site.  When their sysadmins were
notified (not by e-mail), they were able to correct that problem.
I.e., e-mail delivery is not symmetrical; e-mail delivery from
listserv-to-a-person often does NOT follow the same route as
e-mail delivery from a-person to a-person.

PPS: I am NOT a NAD of PSUVM