Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 2 Dec 1992 18:40:00 +0100
On Tue,  1 Dec  1992 16:09:42  EST "(Wayne  Smith)" <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>1) The x.400 system produced rejection mail that got to my LISTSERV with
>   a blank line in the header (in the "From:" field).

Unfortunately, chances are  that the system which did this  is none other
than your local  SMTP. This is something  I have seen SMTP  doing. I will
not even consider wasting  my time trying to get IBM  to fix this problem
only to have  John Wagner immediately tell  them that this is  a waste of
their time and IBM  should not raise a finger to  address it. And, unlike
in february, there  now *is* a mailer that can  handle Netdata files from
SMTP and remove the problem.

>3) LISTSERV  rightly stops looking for  bounced mail at the  first blank
>   line, and  then inserts  a phoney  "From:" field  of [log in to unmask]
>   This would be OK except that  the mail gets distributed even though I
>   have POSTMASTER served out :-(

Really? This must be an error in the serving out, the GLOBALV LISTSERV is
going to look for is '$POSTMASTER@MAINE' in the DISABLED group. You might
have a case or domain-style address problem.

  Eric