Sat, 19 Oct 1996 01:49:18 -0500
On Fri, 18 Oct 1996, Eric Paul-Hus wrote:
> And I say many thanks! You confirmed the attitude I wanted to take.
> Other co-owners flamed me about that stating I was "an authortitave and
> egotistical *sshole" to do so... I guess it is similar to a band
> performing: Don't piss off the sound guy 'cuz it won't matter if you can
> play they can make any band sound like sh*t (I'm not a sound tech but we
> have a few on the list).

Well, you know, you can't be sure you are a listowner until you have
been called, by subscribers, a pompous, authoritative, mean-spirited,
egotistical swaggering fascist.  Get that something like twenty times
per year and you can be sure you are a listowner.

Any listowner who sends the same sort to a fellow listowner should
be ashamed of himself.  A listowner runs his list as he thinks
best, for the good of the list.  If he is right the list prospers.
If he is wrong the list dies, and many have.  The list is the
responsibility of the listowner, and only the listowner of the
list in question can gauge what is best for that list.

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L