Margaret King <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 13:51:07 -0500
Steve Price wrote:

> Is the only interface to Listserv via email?  If I have root
> on the box in question, isn't there some form of commandline
> interface I can use to add myself as one of the list owners and
> do other similar admin-like activities?  I know where the files
> are that store this information, but it appears to be a binary

If you have root, you're probably on a Unix box, in which case
there's a file called go.user that hopefully does not appear to
be binary....  There you can make yourself a postmaster, which
will give you owner powers on all the lists on the box (but you
will have to restart Listserv to make it notice you've done this).

Margaret King
Michigan State University