"Michael I. Starr" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 27 Jun 1995 14:19:47 -0400
On Tue, 27 Jun 1995, Melvin Klassen wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Jun 1995 22:30, Anita Cohen-Williams <IACAGC@ASUACAD> wrote:
> >
> > I have gotten several error messages over the last two days with the comment
> > "Illegal host/domain". I tend towards deleting this addresses right away.
> > Can anyone tell me what is happening? The two addresses were @tyrell.net and
> > @studio.disney.com (this last one puzzles me the most).
>
> Well, if there was a problem with E-mail to 'TYRELL.NET', it was temporary.
> All the DNS (Domain Name Servers) and MX-hosts seem to be working normally.

I had the same difficulty with TYRELL.NET for a few days.  Even while the
problem was occuring, however, I was able to use NSLOOKUP and TRACEROUTE
to find it.  The problem may have been with our mailer; we are
still investigating.

Michael I. Starr                        Jewish Theological Seminary of America
Manager, Computer Operations            3080 Broadway
[log in to unmask]                        New York, NY 10027
(212) 678-8901                          (212) 678-8002 (fax)