Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 3 Feb 2006 20:54:18 +0000
Eric Thomas wrote:

>  Yahoo is  expected to follow down the same path.

I manage some support group lists that have a dedicated following.
When my subscribers have their list mail blocked by their ISPs'
over-aggressive spam traps, I often advise them to consider switching
ISPs and/or get an additional means of receiving list mail such as a
free web mail account like Yahoo.  But if Yahoo is expected to adopt a
program similar to Goodmail, then perhaps Yahoo should not be on my
list of recommendations for alternative access to Listserv.

Eric, have you gathered intelligence about other Internet providers who
may also be going the same way as the AOL Tax?  I don't want to
recommend a new service to my subscribers who then get comfortable with
their new choice only to find that they may soon need to change again.
Any advice would be helpful.  Thanks.

 - Roger Burns
   Manager of CFS lists based at ICORS.org,
   Charitable Listserv sponsored by L-Soft