Russ Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 21:46:39 -0500
Hi guys!

First of all THANK YOU very much for all of your suggestions!   Stan
Horwitz at Temple suggested I might find some good help on this list, and
he was certainly right.

It's going to take me several days to wade through all your emails (both on
the list and in private), but let me answer some of your questions that I
know right now.  (And ask a couple of other ones too.)

1.  My lists run on the Temple University servers, not on L-Soft's servers.

2.  I like the suggestion that I build my own test list and I've got an
email into Stan now asking if they have such a facility at Temple to allow
me to do that.  If they don't, I'll be back here pounding on L-Soft's
door.  Thanks for the suggestion rkeller and Michele Francis.

3.  The default - at least at Temple - is that they DO allow
attachments.  That's what is causing all the problems.

4.  I have both email and web interfaces to my lists at Temple.  I like the
web based one slightly better, but email is okay.  It seems that the email
interface is older and more cryptic and the web based interface is more
"modern."  However I can't find out how to build or modify a template on
either one of them yet.  (I may just be dense...  wouldn't be the first
time!)  Is that the "Web-based configuration interface" you were talking
about Russ Hunt?

5.  The "Attachments= No,Filter" suggestion is a good one, Dan
Robinson.  I'll certainly use that if necessary.  But I think I'd like to
tell the person who attempted to post the message that attachments aren't
allowed on my list.  Hmmm...  I'll have to mull this over some more.

6.  Thanks for your "simplified step-by-step instructions" link at Indiana
University, Jane Lyle.  That certainly sounds like what I need all
right!  I'll start digging tomorrow.  (Go Hoosiers!  I got my MBA from IU
in the paleolithic era...)

7.  I have no idea what the "2000B 'Level Set' build" is for the Temple
Servers, Ben Parker.  I've sent an email to Stan to see if he understands
your message and can verify that info.

Now a couple of more questions:

1.  Where are templates stored?  And how do I create or modify them?  What
tools do I use?

2.  How do I do a GET to "get' my current list?  And how do I go about
renaming it once I get it?  That is stretching my technical ability here,
I'm afraid...  I know the principles you're telling me, but how do I
execute them?

Again, I really appreciate all y'all's help!  (By the way, the Texas plural
for you is y'all.  The plural for y'all is ALL y'all!)

Russ

Dallas, Texas
972-881-1451 home, 972-489-6169 cell
my home page: http://www.RussHicks.com