Dennis Budd <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 12:33:00 -0500
My Outlook/Exchange account at the University is being bombarded with
Klez.  Fortunately the University is running Antigen on the Exchange
server which defangs the virus before delivering the message.  I
actually tried to open one of those messages, which look perfectly
innocent, before I realized what it was.  I might have been infected
without even opening the attachment, if it had been a virus that my
antivirus software didn't catch.  It's been pretty sobering.  It's
certainly left me somewhat...ummm...unsettled...and I know I'm not
infected.  It seems to me that using Outlook as an e-mail client is
just an open invitation to have a virus come and infect your machine.

So far, the only Klez message that I've gotten at *this* account (the
one I'm posting from) is the one that was sent through this very list
a few months ago.  I'm not sure why the difference...

I just want to emphasize the point that being repeatedly hit with Klez
is disturbing even if you don't get infected.

Dennis