Lou Schwing <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 8 Oct 1997 14:12:16 -0700
At 4:32 PM -0400 10/8/97, Maureen Leblanc wrote:

>It's not that rmd posts are a *problem*. Some hwy61-l subscribers do
>post from rmd, and under self moderation, their posts are automatically
>placed on the list.
>
>The problem arises when someone subscribes to the list at one of
>these free services like hotmail etc., then posts from an address
>that isn't subscribed. Those posts have to be reviewed by *me*.
>
>This causes me *plenty* of extra work.

Can't you make them NOMAIL on the accounts where they read, but let them
post from the ones they use?  I have a subscriber who does this, I just set
him nomail on one, and index on the other.  That way, he can access all the
subscriber benefits from either account, without causing anyone any trouble.

Lou Schwing                          La Crescenta Presbyterian Church:
[log in to unmask]             http://www.primenet.com/~louschw/

    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep, like my
    grandfather.  Not screaming like the other passengers in the car."