Albert Pizzo <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 26 Apr 1996 08:13:39 -0700
To Forum Members:
        Would you please give advice on the procedure necessary to find
an internet host who would kindly give a home to a new discussion forum?
This forum will be non-profit and concerns communication between isolated
rural doctors for the purpose of assisting doctors in providing excellent
medical care and assisting with the daily medical services.
        What is needed is a organization or educational institution that
will support the listserve mailing forum with an email address and
listserve services.  I would be most appreciative of any advice which
could be helpful in achieving this worthy goal.
        One reason that I feel it is important to establish this new list
is that many thousands of rural doctors are more or less isolated from
universities, medical schools, hospitals and large medical groups.  They
therefore find it difficult to discuss practical clinical situations with
their colleagues.  The discussion list will give an electronic forum to
this group.
        Best regards,
                Albert G. Pizzo, MD,CM,FAAFP (aka Uncle Al)