John Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 14:30:42 -0500
> Additions or corrections to this overview are not only welcome, they
> are encouraged.

Off the top of my head, the only thing I could add would be PUTting the archive
logs back to the NEW server. Since there are no records for the archives at the
new location, an owner cannot PUT old archives to the new site without the
Admin's assistance. The owner will have to give the new Admin a copy of the old
listname INDEX message so he has the filenames. He/she will then have to create
dummy files in the archive dir for that list. Once the file/filenames are there, the
owner can PUT the old archives.

Also, I don't think an Owner can PUT a header with the NEW-LIST keyword in
it, as least I couldn't when I was an owner from an NT/Classic/ISP/1.8d  version.
I've moved about 10 lints in the past year and it's pretty easy and doesn't take that
long. I know I'd rather do it then try to explain it : -)