Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 22 Mar 1994 15:57:12 EST
On Mon, 21 Mar 1994 10:09:00 CST Jim Mott said:
>Is it my imagination, or does Internet send out shorter
>posts I send to my list faster than longer messages?
>It seems like longer posts take more time to reach
>their destination.  Does internet assign a priority
>to messages based on their length?

The longer a mail  message, or file is, the longer its going  to take to pass
between any  two points  along the  network because there's  more data  to be
moved through the network.

  Stan  Horwitz  Internet: [log in to unmask]  Bitnet:  STAN@TEMPLEVM
  Temple University  -- Senior  Consultant (My  views are  all mine!)
  Manager of the Help-Net and Suggest lists and Listserv Postmaster.