Murph Sewall <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 22 May 1994 13:24:41 -0400
On Thu, 19 May 1994 05:11:58 GMT, Tzimon Yliaster wrote:
>Newsgroups:   alt.stop.spamming
>
>A3.  This newsgroup will serve as a collection of information pertaining
>     to spamming incidents, allowing statistics to accompany complaints
>     of abuse to sysadmins.  Additionally, it will serve as a place to
>     generate ideas on how the users of UseNet can discourage such activity
>     themselves, without the need to get administrators involved.

If Tzimon's idea flys, it would be nice if those who don't have access to
NetNews, but who nevertheless receive inappropriate shotgun ads on Internet
lists could participate in this group.  I haven't checked, is there are
JUNKMAIL list aready?  Is there a LISTSERV out there that could carry this
group (with the additional advantage of having a database archive).

I suppose the list itself would draw junkemail (junkYmail?) ;-)

/s Murphy A. Sewall <[log in to unmask]> (203) 486-2489 voice
   Professor of Marketing                          (203) 486-5246 fax