Louise Parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 2 Oct 1996 06:51:38 -0700
Hi, All:

There are instructions for dealing with the Micrososft RTF (Rich Text
Format) attachments at;

http://www.halcyon.com/goetter/exclifaq.htm#suppressrtf

They are a pain to get rid of and people may require some outside help!

Speaking of Microsoft:

Q. - How many Microsoft vice presidents does it take to change a light
     bulb?
A. - Eight: one to work the bulb and seven to make sure Microsoft gets
     $2 for every light bulb ever changed anywhere in the world.

At 10:37 PM 10/1/96 -0700, Steve Eckertwrote:

>I've traded email with such people - there is an option somewhere in
>their setup menus that turns off these attachments. I believe they
>contain formatting information so a Microsoft Mail receiver can see
>fonts and other nifty stuff. (Compare this to AOL, which allows you
>to format color and everything, but quietly throws it away when you
>push "send" - equally useful, but MicroStiff bothers the rest of us.)
>
>My suggestion is to contact the spewing sender, and have them track
>down the setup option that disables such attachments.
>
>SRE

Louise H. Parsons  <[log in to unmask]>
listowner, Alpine-L, the Electronic Rock Garden Society
Corvallis, OR  USA USDA zone 7 , Emerald NARGS, AIS, SIGNA, SPCNI,
"A Sensitive Plant in a garden grew,
And the young winds fed it with silver dew." Shelley
http://www.peak.org/~parsont/rockgard/