Glenn Alperin <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 02:15:54 -0400
Is there any way to use the Attachments= and Moderator= keywords to force
LISTSERV to require moderator approval of messages only if those messages
contain attachments?

My list presently is not set up with a moderator, but it is clear that some
subscribers have a bad habit of forgetting that they should not include
a list in a forwarded message, particularly one completely unrelated to the
list topic at hand (as most such forwarded messages seem to be).  I don't
want to flat out ban the sending of messages with attachments to the list
as sometimes they can be beneficial, but I would like to have the authority
as list-owner to determine what I believe is a beneficial attachment, and
what I believe is not.  Ideally, I'd like to have LISTSERV react to any
mesage sent to my list which contains an attachment to be approved by
me as list-owner and/or list-moderator, but only if that message contains
an attachment.  Is there any way to do this using the Attachments= and
Moderator= keywords?

Please respond directly to me via e-mail as I am not presently subscribed
to this list.

Glenn Alperin