Natalie Maynor <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Sep 1994 17:39:11 -0500
> Not-Delivered-To: due to 12  Inability To Transfer ORIGINAL MESSAGE
> ATTACHED (rmail: Error # 21 'Permission denied by /etc/mail/mailsurr file')
> Reason: Host unknown!
> En-Route-To: [log in to unmask]
> En-Route-To: [log in to unmask]
> En-Route-To: [log in to unmask]

I can't answer your question, but I'm also having trouble with an
address at Regensburg.  And what's odd about my problem is that I'm
getting this message with the bounces:

> The enclosed mail file, found in the ADS-L reader and shown under the spoolid
> 2478 in  the console log,  has been identified  as a possible  delivery error
> notice  for the  following reason:  "Sender:", "From:"  or "Reply-To:"  field
> pointing to the list has been found in mail body.

I'm quite familiar with this message, of course, and even have a canned
preface to stick on when I forward this kind of bounced mail to a list,
pointing out that people need to be careful to edit out the headers when
extracting from mail they're replying to.  But that's not what's going on
with these Regensburg bounces.  The postings are being distributed on the
list with no problem.  It's just the copies to Regensburg that bounce.
So why are they prefaced with the thing about "Sender:" etc.??

The bounce info goes on with exactly what Pat found:

> Not-Delivered-To: due to 12  Inability To Transfer
>      ORIGINAL MESSAGE ATTACHED
>      (rmail: Error # 21 'Permission denied by /etc/mail/mailsurr file')
>      Reason:
>           Host unknown!
> En-Route-To: [log in to unmask]

Are your bounces also being prefaced with the blurb about "Sender:" etc,
Pat?
   --Natalie ([log in to unmask])