Thu, 2 Sep 2004 08:56:43 -0500
On Thu, 2 Sep 2004, Christine Quiriy wrote:
> In the daily error monitoring report for one of my lists, two of the
> subscribers reported as being monitored don't exist. How and why does
> that happen? Can this be explained at a superficial level?
> I noticed because the email addresses were obviously bogus:
>                Last error: Domain "RNAGTLTELGT.ORG" doesn't exist.
>                Last error: Domain "RNAGTLTELGT.ORG" doesn't exist.

Singleton errors like that could be because whomever sent spam to your
listname-REQUEST address:  the automatic listname-REQUEST message bounced.

Or, if posting to your list is restricted to subscribers (or whatever),
the automatic message to the non-authorized poster (the spammer) bounced.

Either of those will, I think, result in an error message to the
Errors-to= address, either as an individual item or an item in the DEMR.

Douglas Winship  [log in to unmask]