Melvin Klassen <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 1 Dec 1993 12:12:12 PST
On Wed, 1 Dec 1993 14:41:15 EST Stan Horwitz <STAN@TEMPLEVM> writes:
> As owner of Help-Net, I have recently started receiving lots of bounce
> messages like the one below. There seems to be a Help-Net subscriber on
> CompuServe who has too much incoming mail. I checked Help-Net for a
> 70574.1743 account on CompuServe, but nothing turned up. There are 3 or 4
> other Help-Net users at CompuServe, but they don't seem to be the problem.

The postings are being passed from 'LISTSERV@TEMPLEVM' to 'LISTSERV@UWAVM',
due to LISTSERV's "distribute" algorithm.  Each message is being sent
to subscribers in the network-vicinity of the U. of Washington.

From there, 'TOLSTOY.U.WASHINGTON.EDU' is acting as an MX-host for the
host 'U.WASHINGTON.EDU'.  The ID 'rmahoney' has defined E-mail "forwarding"
from TOLSTOY to 'CARSON.U.WASHINGTON.EDU'.  On CARSON, that ID has defined
further E-mail forwarding to the ID [log in to unmask]

Case solved! :-)    Remove "[log in to unmask]   Richard T. Mahoney".