Gilles Frydman <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 5 Mar 1996 14:32:09 -0500
At 03:23 PM 3/5/96 -0500, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>>Either that or somebody forged a subscription request for Newt to this
>>list.
>>
>I'm sure that this was the case.  And it was probably more than one
>subscription request.  I got subscribed to hundreds.

This was really a mad spammer. This came from a list located at Nysernet:

We have been trying to deal with this problem for most of the day.  In the
process, we have learned that MANY other Internet sites were similarly
attacked (seemingly the same person using the same list of bogus
addresses).  Further, while we have not yet figured out who is behind this,
we have some leads as to the person's home computer site.  Finally, it
should be noted that the United States Secret Service is most likely
getting involved since the White House was similarly attacked.

Gilles Frydman<=>The Kosher Frog <=> [log in to unmask]
                   soon [log in to unmask]
        The Internet Cancer Lists Archives
                 http://www.medinfo.org: