Simeon ben Nevel <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 10:29:03 -0700
Stanley Horwitz said:

> On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, Bret Diamond wrote:
> > some of the e-mail addresses are fairly easy to decipher, i.e. if
> > it ends in UK the sender is from the United Kingdom.  Is there a list
> > somewhere with all of the country codes?
>
> There's an even easier way to get this information. Simply use the command
> "rev listname by country". Replace "listname" with the name of the list in
> question.

The results of the "review listname by country" command are not entirely
accurate.  All addresses ending in .com, .org and .net are assumed to be
United States addresses regardless of the physical location of the domain.

In any event, one place to see a list of the 2 character country codes
used in domain names is:

  http://www.rtw.com.au/internet/suffixes.html

Several similar pages are listed in Yahoo! at:

  http://dir.yahoo.com/Reference/Standards
   /International_and_Regional_Standards_Bodies
   /International_Organization_for_Standardization__ISO_
   /ISO_Country_Codes/

All on one line of course.

Simeon
--
[log in to unmask]      =-=-=-=-=   A rabbit is just an angel with big ears!
Send mail to [log in to unmask] with Subject: send index to get a listing of