Paul Karagianis <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 11:42:36 -0500
I'd sure like to see some alternatives in this area.  SJU is a good sized
site that's been around for over 8 years and has always been weak on
human support since we tend to serve the external community and have lost
our sponsor.  The result is that every now or then some group of
owners deletes some other group off of a header and all Hades breaks
loose.  As it is, I'm supposed to be setting up a list to let our folks
declare who the mentor of the list is, but it sure would be nice to have
a protected (like Notebook is) keyword that the Listmaster would have
to set.  "Mentor=", "founder=", whatever.  And, yeah... I realize that
the ID would probably be invalid by the time the mutiny happened.  I'm
not suggesting this as the best or even a good solution but it would at
least provide a visible figurehead and make people aware of the concept
of a "senior owner".   Thanks.

                                                        -Kary