Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:12:41 -0400
At 09:58 07/30/2002 Tuesday, Bill Schipper wrote:
 >As a list owner of a number of active lists I get these kinds of messages
 >regularly.  Since all the mail comes to my mailbox anyway, I use a
 >combination of procmail and a perl filter to separate such messages.  When I
 >catch one, the perl filter automatically sends a command to
 >listserv to set the offender to NOMAIL.

We do too, but also NOPOST.  I.e., when we "suspend" distributions for
offenders e.g., OOOers, we set both since this allows us to: prevent
useless messages from said subscriber back to the list "why aren't I
receiving" (they get a automated LISTSERV(R) nastygram to which they will
typically mailto:OWNER-listname@listhost); also allows us to later
interrogate subscription options and realize that we (the list-owners)
had set NOMAIL/NOPOST for a previous e-mail "problem"  (I sometimes call
this a "message under a rock").

YMMV

/Pete