Mon, 20 May 1996 00:04:48 -0500
> The result is that I am forced to pass on to the list only articles that
> show my name and address - even if the article was submitted by a list
> member.
> To make it perhaps simpler, I need to set up this list whereby a submission
> submitted to the mailing list by a subscriber is forwarded to me for
> approval, the first step. The second step then is to send it back to the
> mailing list with the author's name showing in the "from:" field. (The
> reader needs to know where the article came from...)

I'm a little unsure here.  Are you saying that you *want* all items sent
for posting to be approved by "Editor"  (fully moderated) but you can't
get it to work properly, you always show up in the From: field ?  If that
is your only gripe, you can change mailers (at last memory Eudora does not
use "proper" (conforming to the standards) resend fields.  Or you can get
a patch for Eudora.  It's been mentioned on the list several times, I think
you can get it from one of the "Dan"s (Wheeler? maybe?).

On 'tother hand, if you want subscribers to be able to post directly
while everyone else goes through you (semi-moderated) change your header
to:
> * Send= Editor
> * Editor= [log in to unmask],(CLOAKS-AND-DAGGERS)

Subscribers with valid subscriptions (posting address matches precisely
the subscription addresss) will be able to post directly, everything else
will go through you.  Which means you'll still have the problem of
improper resend field, you just won't have it as often.

A quick db search for Eudora in the LSTOWN-L archives should turn up which
Dan has the Eudora patch (I know it's one of the Dans, I just can't recall
which).  You could try forging the from field as a desperate last ditch
effort, but that probably wouldn't work unless you did it exactly right,
and maybe you'ld have to change some other fields (entirely too much
trouble). Get the Eudora patch or change mailers.

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L