Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 18:02:12 -0500
On 27 Mar 98 at 17:41, Francoise Becker wrote:

> If you are worried that one of the people who failed a probe
> shouldn't get deleted, send them some e-mail and see if your mail to
> them bounces, and if so for what reason.

I would add that I was worried with my own list, and used to
double-check every time someone got deleted with a probe failure.
With only one exception (out of maybe 20 that got auto-deleted?), the
addresses that were getting deleted really were no longer valid. The
one exception had been having server problems but was back. Now I
just wait for them to ask me why they're no longer getting the list
mail -- but I haven't had one ask me that yet.

Francoise