Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 15:05:13 GMT
On Thu, 28 Aug 1997 09:35:54 EDT, C <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I recently set a flamer's subscription to the review option.  He got
>a friend to send a diatribe to the list, claiming that he was being
>censored.

Does your list have clear rules about (not) flaming that were part of your
WELCOME message?  IF so, then you are merely acting to control someone who
chose not to follow those rules.  If you don't have such rules then it's
time to make them, and publish them for everyone on the list.

The situation is not prior restraint anyway, it is more like 'Letters to
the Editor' where a newspaper is not obliged to print every letter it
receives.  It may pick and choose.  Of course if it's too picky the paper
may lose subscribers, and so may your list, but some subscribers are not
worth having.  I assume you set the 'friend' to review as well?
 Ben Parker .....(Oak Park IL -> Denver CO) ..... [log in to unmask]