Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 22 Aug 1997 15:29:39 EDT
I <believe> there is an 80-column cutoff for the list title.  Actually I'm
surprised it's allowing you to use text on two lines...  Anyway it's
definitely cutting off after 79 columns, no question about it.  The "K"
in "Kadima" is the 80th character of the phrase and my guess is that
LISTSERV is cutting it at 79 to avoid printing only a part of a word...

When you come right down to it, a long list title of more than 60-70
characters is likely to play merry hell with some mail clients when it
shows up in (say) the "Sender:" line or the "Reply-To:" line, so if at
all possible my advice would be to edit this line down anyway.  From
my own experience I'd be likely to use

* Kadima at Temple Emanu-El, Englewood, New Jersey

and make it short'n'sweet.

Nathan