"Brenneman, Jake (MSNBCi)" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 10:14:36 -0800
All -
I have automated some of our newsletters, so that Send= Editor.  A Scheduled
Task sends to the list as this editor, and the mail goes out automatically.
Someone from outside my org (intentionally, or not) has used this From
address to send to the list, and thus has sent multiple mailings to my list
-- not good.  Looking for a way to keep the message automated, but not allow
external parties to use my editor address - or, at the very least to better
secure the whole process.

Here is my list config:

.HH ON
Owner= [log in to unmask]
Owner= Quiet:
Owner= [log in to unmask]
Editor= [log in to unmask]
Notebook= No
Digest= No
Errors-To= Owner
Subscription= Open,Confirm
Validate= No
Review= Owners
Send= Editor
Reply-To= [log in to unmask],Ignore
Sender= None
Auto-Delete= Yes,Full-Auto
Notify= No
Daily-Threshold= 10
language=nohtml
attachments=no
.HH OFF

Is there some way (a la Validate?) to require a password or token to
send/post to list?

Thanks,
Jake

Jake Brenneman