Adam Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 13:42:02 -0600
On 3/12/98 12:13 PM, Graham.Turburville
<[log in to unmask]> wrote...

>I'm getting a lot of these lately, that are not genuine.  Can I
>influence the checking process in any way?
>
>The enclosed  message, found in the  PLEASEHELP-L mailbox and shown
>under the spool ID 0009  in the system log,  has been identified as  a
>possible delivery error notice for the following reason: "Sender:",
>"From:" or "Reply-To:" field pointing to the list has been found in mail
>body.

What do you mean by "not genuine"? LISTSERV doesn't just generate errors
for the heck of it, as far as I know.

This kind of error is generated usually when someone forwards a message
back to the list when responding something. The double set of List
headers are detected, and the message is rejected.

--
Adam Bailey      | Chicago, Illinois
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-| "Do not take life too seriously;