"Alperin, Glenn" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 11 Sep 1997 17:35:27 -0400
>I've been getting an error message on a list member saying the
>account doesn't exist.  The problem is I deleted the person about
>4 1/2 weeks ago when I got the second message.  Then I started
>getting the message that the user would be dropped after 5 days
>-- you know the usual.  After 2 weeks, I was still getting messages
>on this account so I did a review just in case he was subscribed
>under more than one address -- no luck.

Don't know about your error, but I'm getting a similar error from
a user at hotmail.com and listserv is content to spit out "Unknown User"
errors at me once a day, so I have no idea how much of the list mail this
person is getting.  I also verified that the person still existed at that
e-mail address and that was definitely the case.

>This is really annoying and I get two error messages per list
>message so on busy days it's very annoying.  Any ideas on
>what else I can do to get stop the messages from bouncing.
>(Oh, just in case you wondering -- I try to delete the person
>a 2nd time (and a 3rd) but the listserv says that address is
>not subscribed.

You can forward a copy of a bounced message to somebody on the system they
are on, and that might help.

>I can't think of anything else to try.
>
>Gayle

Glenn