Matthew Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 17 Jan 1994 21:18:49 EST
Hello everyone,

I would like to make this a brief request, from one Listserv owner to
many others.  I have been taking care of The PSYCGRAD Project for the
past few years now.  It is an Internet group designed to facilitate
communication among psychology graduate students.  Recently, I have
begun working with the American Psychological Association of Graduate
Students (APAGS).  They are the official advocate body of graduate
students of psychology in North America, numbering about 27,000 in
membership (all APA graduate-student affiliates).

I am interested in exploring options for this group to become connected
to the Internet, more specifically, to set up a Listserv list (or series
of lists) for the purposes of interacting with its constituency.  I
know that sometimes system administrators will sponsor Listserv lists
which are set up to be "owned" remotely.  How might I get in touch with
such administrators to assess the feasibility of setting up an
Internet project for APAGS?

I would also like to explore the possibility of setting up a gopher
for the group.  I have experience with doing both, so feel free to
hit me with the jargon.  I'm mainly looking for site sponsorship
potential.  Listserv is the logical first step.
Do any of you have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for your attention and time.

Very sincerely yours,

Matthew Simpson

 |          * Matthew Simpson          *                              |
 | _  l  _  * School of Psychology     * BITNET:                      |
 |  \_l_/   * University of Ottawa     * [log in to unmask]        |
 |    l     * 145 Jean Jacques Lussier * INTERNET:                    |
 |    l     * Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6N5  * [log in to unmask]    |
 |          * (613) 564-2964           * (fax) (613) 564-9569         |